OPB and Maser Films Present:
The White Salmon River Runs Free
Join OPB and Maser Films for the premier of this OPB Oregon Field Guide special featuring the removal of Condit Dam on the White Salmon River in Washington–the largest completed dam removal project in the world. You have seen the viral video of the dam blowing up, now come see the rest of the story. This will be the first public showing of the 18-month dam deconstruction time-lapse footage.
WHERE: McMenamins Mission Theater (1624 NW Glisan St, Portland, OR 97209)
WHEN: February 21st , 2013. Doors open at 7:30. Film at 8:00.
Stick around after the show for discussion and a Q&A session with:
- Andy Maser, Filmmaker, on the making of the film and time-lapse;
- Rod Engle, Fish Biologist, on what’s next for salmon on the White Salmon River;
- Larry Moran, Condit Deconstruction Project Manager, on the mechanics of dam removal;
- Todd Olson, from PacifiCorp; and
- Brett VandenHeuvel, from Columbia Riverkeeper, on the future of dam removal and renewable hydropower in the Pacific NW.